ROAAAAAAAR!!!
Does anyone like Dinosaur's? Well, my nephew does and so for his birthday I made him a little Dinosaur hat. I gave it to him right after he took a nap so you can see he gave me the "eye" when I was taking a picture of him. But it didn't take him very long to be running around, "roar-ing" and I was later told that evening he wore it (yes, even in the house) for a huge chunk of the rest of the day.

I got the pattern from: "Baby Bird Patterns" on Etsy while I was in the checkout getting another pattern from her. As I started crocheting, I made
many changes due to personal preferences. However, I love the spikes and they are not flimsy...they stay up!
1.) My nephew has a large (and may I say a darn cute) head, so I had to change the pattern and make it MUCH longer than what the original pattern called for. I also made one extra row of expanding the width of the hat.
2.) I prefer not to have ear-flaps on hats I make, which is another reason why I made hat longer.
3.) Because I didn't make ear-flaps, I also didn't make the "teeth".
4.) As I was sewing the spikes on top, I was explaining to some friends that I'm not sure about what "eyes" I want to make. We all agreed that it would look better without eyes -just because if you are taking pictures, etc, then you get a double-eye effect which may look odd. Also...this way the child wearing the hat can be the dinosaur.
I'm already working on 2 similar hats for twin boys! I will post pictures as soon as I'm done.
I have a couple other super cute patterns from "Baby Bird Patterns" which includes a 'sleeping owl hat' and cowboy boots to crochet. I can't wait to get started on them!
"And God made the beasts of the earth according to their kinds and the livestock according to their kinds, and everything that creeps on the ground according to its kind. And God saw that it was good." ~ Genesis 1:25.
No comments:
Post a Comment