Tuesday, January 10, 2012

I've made it FIVE days! And let me tell ya...today was definitely the hardest one of all!!!

Here is a tip for anyone who is trying to change their eating habits:

There will always be a time when temptation is at its finest. You need to be a detective as to when those times are. A lot of people will just try to use "self-will" in order to not cheat when they are around friends, in a stressful situation or out shopping.

The key is, to have a SUBSTITUTE. I'm sure all of you have heard that at some point in your life, "when you are trying to change a bad habit, replace it with a good one." Well, how can you have a 'good habit' of eating a sweet with friends, craving a chocolate in the check out line or you want to get your hands on whatever food is closest during a crisis?

Since I'm not on a "diet" where I have to count calories, I'm able to bring along some chocolate I have found that I can actually eat. There are also some recipes for "baked goods" also. I also bring rice cakes with honey or caramel flavor, etc. This takes away the temptation for me while satisfying my sweet tooth!

***The chocolate I have found can be found online or at Whole Foods. I always look for a sale as they aren't the cheapest. For anyone who has loads of food allergies, make sure to look for the ones you can't and can eat (ie: they also make milk chocolate products, so I can't eat those). They have an amazing dark chocolate with real mint! For those who also love mint chocolate.

No comments:

Post a Comment