~DIY: A Froggie-Fleece Feel Good Blankey!~
I'm sure many of you know how to make a simple fleece tie blanket...but for those of you who don't, I will be showing the steps here. It is easy...anybody can do it! Recently, I was in JoAnns and saw some cute fleece material. So I got some, took it home and thought, "what am I going to make with this?" I decided on making 4 fleece blankey's for some kiddos...whoever they may be.
Step 1: Lay out the material you have (it can be whatever size). With fleece-tie blankets you want to use two fabrics. So lay them flat, on top of each other. Cut out the rectangle. The size I used for these blankets are approximately 29" x 37".
Step 2: Cut out your corners. I have put my sewing ruler on one corner to show you that I cut a 3" square on the corners.
Step 3: Cut strips across all 4 sides of the blanket, approximately an inch wide, using the square corners as a guide for how long to cut your strips. Do not worry...I didn't measure my strips, some are longer than others and that is okay! Because once you tie the blanket you won't be able to tell.
Step 4 & 5: Starting wherever you want, begin by tying the two fabric together. Remember, you have your two fabrics laying on top of each other and so each strip will match up. Just tie each strip in a knot, all the way around your blanket. Once again...do not fret. Your blanket will look all scrunched up and for those perfectionists out there you may think you tied everythin
g too tight. This is how it will look like (see below). Doesn't it look a lot smaller?
Step 6: Take hold of the blanket with both hands and stretch it out. You may hear the material snap, crackle and pop a little. Stretch it out all the way around the blanket until it lays flat. You may have to do the corners moreso than the rest of the blanket. First picture is how the blanket/your hands look before stretching. The second is while you are stretching it.
And Ta-da...you've got your comfy, frog blanket! The finished piece measured about 30.5" by 22" excluding the ties. Once I get some of my other projects finished, I'm going to design a frog beanie to go along with this cute blanket for some babies! I've made larger ones for myself and my two nieces as well...they are nice, warm and comfy for all ages!
2 comments:
I think these fringe blankets are a great idea. Might make one for my Nana and her wheelchair. Keep up the posting Janelle! Rachel (You make me tempted to blog again.)
Thanks Rachel for your post! You should blog again because you are AMAZING at it and you make me laugh whenever I read your stuff :). Would love to see pics if you make one for your Nana! Love you and I hope all is well.
Post a Comment