
~John Deere Quilt~
Made Christmas/New Years of 2009
Pierce was my first nephew that was born and I was excited to make a John Deere Quilt! I designed this myself, did all of the cutting and the piecing up until the last couple steps.
The mistake I made in designing this quilt (the 2nd one I’ve ever done) was in choosing the fabrics. Never again will I choose 3 different kinds of materials that are completely different in stretch and tightness. I was home on a holiday and mom was helping me finish this. We were both having a rough time with it. After realizing how hard it was going to be to sew the backing, batting and front piece together with all of the different materials on the front – and by realizing this I mean we had to rip out a large portion of the piecing – my mom decided that it would just be easier for her to finish it.
To add a bit of a personal touch, I added his name (both first and middle) with a Bible verse that correlates to the meaning of each name.
Thanks to mom…it turned out to be a beautiful quilt with different textures!

No comments:
Post a Comment