Saturday, March 10, 2012

~Home Grown~

Has it really been over a month since I've posted??? I have been living my "Allergen-Free" lifestyle now for 2 months! I have been doing really good and have been feeling much better. I will admit though, there have been a couple of times when I've eaten things that I shouldn't have: a chocolate/candy that has nuts or dairy in it, etc. I've definitely seen a difference though because when I did slip up...I paid for it! I had a headache the next day, had trouble with sinuses and was tired. You would think I would have learned by now! There are still temptations though. However; I'm getting much better at knowing when my weak moments are and trying to stay strong during those times.

This last month has been really busy too and so its been harder to stay as focused like before. So hopefully March will be a better month as far as my eating and new lifestyle goes. I am very thankful that God gave me the strength not to "go off the deep end" once I slipped up.

Something that I've enjoyed is eating my own home-grown lettuce and spinach leaves. My brussel sprouts are also starting to bloom and I'm planting Kale, cabbage and collared greens. I can't wait to see them grow! There is nothing better (okay, I'm sure there is...but with food at least) than eating the fresh food you've grown, nurtured and prepared! Yum

.

No comments:

Post a Comment